The rising cost of living in Kenya (averaging 7% per year!) is taking its toll. And then we not even talking about the costs of building that (of course!) exceeded the expected budget.
That’s why we are looking for more possibilities for people to support the center.
We are, of course, very grateful for the one-time gifts, but a monthly or yearly donation gives us more continuity and certainty as to the money coming in and when.
Good to know:
- You can sponsor a child, so that he/she can go to school
You can sponsor (part) of the monthly costs – these are always there and less interesting to sponsor, but very necessary to keep going each month
- You can sponsor a specific project
- Of course, you can just make a donation; one-time or regularly
Our foundation is not yet recognized by the U.S. government as a tax-deductible organization, but we are working on it. (We are recognized in The Netherlands)
- Click here to contact us with any questions you may have.
- School costs
- Cornmeal, other essentials
- Food as a whole
- Gas for cooking
- Uniforms for the new school year
- Shoes in the new school year
- Books in the new school year
- Real estate tax
Things that we still need for the building:
- A water meter
- Painting upstairs
- Tile floors downstairs
- Tile floors upstairs
- (Concrete) tiles on the outside grounds
- Plaster (stucco) the outside wall, inside and out
- New school desks
- Two cabinets for storage (each)
- A solar boiler (we don’t have hot water)
- 1-2 Solar panels (environmentally better, de electricity is often gone, and once acquired, cheaper
The children and we are grateful for all support!